Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Sad Day

Glenn Gleason died today. He was 41 years old.

Glen, who lived in the Philadelphia area, was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Luekemia in 2007. He believed that helping other cancer patients is one of the true gifts of survival. His leukemia relapsed in the Spring of 2009, and he received a bone marrow transplant in July 2009. He and his wife Amy are the leaders of Team Gleason, their blog is at http://www.teamgleason.com/. Team Gleason will always remain an inspiration.

Although I have never met or even spoken to Glenn or Amy or their family, I have followed their Team Gleason blog and share their grief, and I will think of them often.

Leukemia brings people together, and tears them apart.

It makes me want to scream, but most of all it makes me want to fight. Leukemia must be beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment